28 July 2023
Design and Innovation in Business
During this course you will explore the business case for design and creativity in the workplace. Working in teams you will explore and solve design problems, experimenting with creative approaches and thinking in design which may be new to you.
Through taught and practice sessions within the design studio, workshops, and seminars, you will build your understanding of how to visually communicate ideas collaboratively. You will use design methods as a tool for improving your observational skills and to create suitable outcomes, you will practice how to identify problems / opportunities and develop a line of inquiry through the design process.
During the course you will:
• Learn what type of creative person you are.
• Learn how to visualise your own thought process.
• Explore where to find inspiration for ideas and how to translate these into concepts.
• Demonstrate your ability to use basic sketching and modelling techniques to show your thinking.
• Learn how to explore and unpack trends to identify focused themes and discover meaningful insights.
• Improve your project management, leadership skills, & verbal presentation.
Kathryn Pashley and Chris Hanley, Lecturers in Product Design.
course is ideal for university-level business and marketing students who wish to explore their creativity by combining techniques from the design and marketing professionals. You should have the required English language skills.
After studying on this course, you should be able to:
• Appreciate the value of creativity and innovation in today's business environment.
• Communicate ideas and thinking and be able to apply techniques to do this effectively.
• Demonstrate knowledge of people's behaviour and experiences.
• Share critical evaluation and feedback with each other.
• Use sketching and modelling techniques to develop tangible concepts.
• Manage a project effectively.
10 UK Credit / 5 ECTS. You will received a certificate and an official NTU transcript of results with your credits recorded.
GBP 1200: Early-bird discount available for students who pay the tuition fee by 30 April 2023 - £1080.
Tuition fee includes course materials, our exciting social and cultural programme, support from our friendly team of student buddies, use of our GSS Hub with free drinks, and a trip to the beautiful city of York.
GBP : You will stay in on-campus accommodation offering single en-suite rooms on a self-catering basis with shared kitchen and living spaces, kitchen and bedding packs and 24 hour security/reception cover. The fee will be confirmed very soon.