28 July 2023
English Language and Culture
This course is for students who’d like to improve their English Language skills whilst learning about the culture & people of the UK.
It includes classroom-based English studies and plenty of time exploring the city, experiencing the culture, and applying your new English skills! Visits to attractions, museums and galleries are included.
You’ll also take part in interactive workshops, and work on a group project with your fellow students. The project will be related to the culture, history, and heritage of Nottingham or the UK.
During the course you will:
• Complete engaging exercises set by an expert tutor
• Expand your knowledge of vocabulary and grammar
• Research a group project on a subject of special interest to you
• Be exposed to UK culture and regional accents
• Develop your formal and informal English language speaking skills
• Explore Nottingham and the local culture
• Build your confidence in English writing
• Present your project to fellow students.
Students should have an overall IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent.
Nottingham Language Centre
This course is for students who’d like to improve their English language skills whilst learning about the culture and people of the UK.
After studying on this course, you should be able to:
• Demonstrate improvements in your formal and informal English language speaking skills – including debating, clarifying, seeking information and reflecting
• Demonstrate awareness of conversational English vocabulary and grammar
• Transfer your English language knowledge to real-world situations
• Enhance your ability to communicate in English in a variety of settings
• Learn more about the UK, it’s people and culture
• Collaborate on a project with your fellow students.
Teaching methods: lectures, project briefings, verbal and visual presentations, and off-campus trips.
10 UK credits / 5 ECTS - you will receive an official NTU transcript of results with your credits recorded and a certificate of completion.
GBP 1200: Early-bird discount available for students who pay the tuition fee by 30 April 2023 = £1080
Tuition fee includes course materials, our exciting social and cultural programme, support from our friendly team of student buddies, use of our GSS Hub with free drinks, and a trip to the beautiful city of York.
GBP : You will stay in on-campus accommodation offering single en-suite rooms on a self-catering basis with shared kitchen and living spaces, kitchen and bedding packs and 24 hour security/reception cover. The fee will be confirmed very soon.
An early-bird discount if tuition fee payment is received by 30 April 2023. A further discount is offered to groups of 10+ students travelling from the same University.