13 July 2022
Science and Engineering in France
The IPL International Summer School is managed by 4 engineering schools.
It gives you the chance to experience the French higher education environement and learn or improve your French language skills while discovering the beautiful city of Lyon.
It is also the opportunity to meet other university students from around the world and make friendships that will last a lifetime.
The program consists of science/engineering classes in English to be chosen from one of the 4 schools and French language classes in different levels. Students also take part in industrial and cultural visits.
- 45 to 60 hours of class, labaratory work and group projects (6 ECTS: European Credit Transfer System)
- 39 hours of French classes (3 ECTS)
INSTITUT POLYTECHNIQUE DE LYON (IPL) on behalf of the 4 engineering schools.
It is designed for undergraduate students in Science and Engineering who have completed their first or second year of study and who expect to major in one of the disciplines of the four IPL engineering schools.
45-60 hours of class, laboratory work and group projects (6 ECTS European Credit Transfer System) to be chosen from one of the 4 schools:
Practical and theoretical courses in digital sciences for chemical engineers :
Internet of Things (IoT), Data acquisition, Data Analysis, Networks, Big data, Sensors, Distributed Systems, Software Development, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
2/ ECAM LaSalle Campus de Lyon:
Energy and Sustainability : Most of the biggest challenges we will have to face in the future (global warming, increasing scarcity of fossil fuels, the impact of production methods and materials, etc.) are related to the production of energy, its use and consequences. The goal of these courses is to teach future engineers the industrial and regulatory context, the technical concepts and tools needed to comprehend these challenges and explore the solutions of tomorrow.
3/ ISARA Lyon:
Develop knowledge in Agroecology and Alternative food systems in France.
“Cropping systems and breeding systems, sustainable management of agroecosystems, biodiversity management, food system analysis. Lectures, excursions, case studies and personal research on these themes."
4/ ITECH Lyon:
Discover an original and practical approach of Polymer and Material Sciences engineering: practicals on paint, adhesive and cosmetic formulation, textile dyeing and weaving process, leather and plastic.
+ 39 hours of French classes (3 ECTS)
EUR 2150: (* Except for ISARA non partner universities : contact ISARA at email@example.com regarding the status of your home university.)
The fees include :
- Meet and greet at Lyon airport or Lyon (Part Dieu) train station according to the schedule
- Housing during the 5 weeks including internet access and linnen (no toiletries, towel)
- A welcome dinner, a welcome lunch, dinner in a French family, a lunch at a cheese farm and a farewell dinner, degustation of French products
- Various visits through the Rhône-Alpes region (transportation and entrance to the sites)
- 40 hours French classes and culture according to 3 different levels
- Public Transport card for the whole period of the Summer Program
- Civil liability insurance
- Dedicated program coordinator
The fees do not include:
- Transportation to Lyon (car/train/airfare)
- Transportation and visits during weekends
- Passport and VISA fees
- Medical insurance and repatriation