18 August 2023
Social Change in a Digital Age
Digital media has revolutionized how we communicate, organize, and act in society. Digitalization and its impact on different parts of social life is the starting point for this course in media sociology. The new technological possibilities are fertile ground for social actions, movements, and innovations that have far reaching consequences for all of humanity.
The aim of the course is to give insight into the interrelation between the use of digital media and social change, and give the students the tools needed to research and produce online publications.
Åbo Akademi University
Undergraduate students with at least two years completed of Bachelor’s studies in social sciences, humanities, or related subjects. If you do not fill these requirements but feel that you have a good basic understanding of society and an interest to learn more, please contact the teacher to discuss the possibility to participate in the course.
The student will be able to:
- Understand contemporary theories about social change and digital media
- Learn to use different methods and tools for researching societal issues online
- Use these theories to analyze a current phenomena
- Produce and online publication as a group project
EUR 50: The course fee includes:
- Registering to the course and customer service
- Teaching, study facilities in Turku