10 August 2023
Practical Training in Design Thinking
This course will introduce principles of Design Thinking and problem solving.
We will design a digital product with the students. In seven days, students will get accustomed to the main methods and techniques of the Design Thinking process. Teams of 3-5 people will spend seven days working on real-life industry problem statements, and by the end of the course, they will design a prototype of the user-centric solution.
The teams will present their ideas, outcomes, plans and lessons learned to the partner company representatives and other teams.
The course leaders are:
Maria Laanelepp, University of Tartu
BA, MA, PhD
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Turn a problem statement into a product vision.
2. Conduct user research, build empathy with a user.
3. Practice different ideation techniques.
4. Develop a product strategy and corresponding metrics to assess success.
5. Create and test product prototypes.
6. Present the prototype to potential customers.
7. Understand how to manage a product innovation project in a real-life setting.
Examination format: Team presentation of the solution, outcomes, lessons learned and plans for the future;
EUR 580: Course fee
EUR 175: Accommodation in the student dormitories
Find out about the scholarships on our website.