24 June 2022
European Data Protection Law
This summer course is intended to give participants an overview of the fundamentals of European data protection law.
It will tackle the main legal questions related to the application of GDPR and related instruments by discussing legislative developments, relevant case law as well as by solving practical case studies. You will have the opportunity to interact with high-level experts who will help you deal with everyday data protection issues.
- The fundamentals of European data protection law
- Crossroads of GDPR and e-Privacy
- Roles and responsibilities of data controllers, processors and (joined-) controllers
- Protection of citizens’ rights and available remedies in practice
- Supervision over data protection compliance at national and European level
- The role of Data Protection Officers (DPOs)?
- International data transfers
- Data protection and data security
- Handing personal data breaches
- Data Protection Impact Assessment
- How to conduct a data protection audit
This summer course will transmit basic knowledge in the field of European data protection law. It is addressed to lawyers in private practice, in-house counsel, EU and national civil servants seeking an introduction to European data protection law.
EUR 1190: Discounts available
EUR 0: Discounts available