8 September 2022
In the course of nine days of theoretical and practical work within the summer school, participants will be introduced to the state-of-the-art findings related to the main factors of road safety: the human factor, the road and its environment, and the vehicle. The practical part of the summer school will introduce participants to the basics of traffic accident analysis based on the actual data obtained from a crash test. This will be followed by a field road safety inspection.
The main goal of the summer school is to provide a broad and expert training related to advanced concepts and elements of road safety and thus increase the knowledge and competence of participants.
The summer school will last nine working days, from 29/08 – 08/09/2022, during which the participants will attend theoretical lectures and do practical work according to the Summer School Program. The total duration of the summer school is 59,25 hours (1 hour = 60 min), which represents 2 ECTS credits that Master and Ph.D. students will receive after completing all the planned activities.
Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences, University of Zagreb has long been devoted to providing our students with a stimulating environment that encourages them to become active and independent researchers and to develop skills of independent thinking.
Participants must be enrolled into Master or Ph.D. studies related to road engineering or road safety. Other eligible professionals must be employed in the road safety sector.
Upon completion of the summer school, participants will be able to:
• define key safety systems in vehicles
• describe how a human being processes and perceives the information from the environment and how it influences their behaviour and decision making
• describe contemporary road design concepts aimed at increasing road safety
• elaborate on the main factors impacting the overall road safety
• explain the impact of traffic signalling on driver behaviour and thus the overall road safety
• identify different road safety measures and discuss their effectiveness in specific situations
• describe how road accident analysis and road safety audits are conducted
• describe the quality assessment of road infrastructure
• plan and organize road safety research.
EUR 600: Early bird for master students (until 01.07.2022)
EUR 700: Early bird for Ph.D. students (until 01.07.2022)
Several scholarships are provided by sponsors. For more info visit our website.