22 July 2022
Collective Memory, Politics & Popular Culture
This course explores fundamental theories of collective memories and their connections with politics of memory and popular culture. Focusing on case studies of Kosovo and contemporary Poland, you will gain critical, analytical skills to assess cultural and sociological phenomena.
Prof. Maciej Białous Prof. Gëzim Selaci
University of Bialystok - Poland
- Introduction to Collective Memory Research.
- Collective Memory and the Politics of Memory.
- Collective Memory and Popular Culture.
- Collective Memory practices: pride and shame.
- Collective Memory practices: ethnicity, religiosity, gender.
- Collective Memory practices: international politics.
EUR 100: Full board