22 July 2022
Introduction for Public International Law
This course explores the development of International Law across historical and geopolitical trajectories. You will gain and in-depth understanding of the role of International Law in relation to human rights, conflict and redistributive justice, and the challenges of developing world perspectives.
Prof. Christopher Rossi
UiT - University of Tromsø - Norway
- The history and sources of International Law.
- Insights into treaties and customs.
- General principles, equity, Jus Cogens, non-consensual sources.
- The law of domestic incorporation.
- The peaceful settlement of international disputes.
- The International Court of Justice.
- The Law of State Responsibility & Foreign Wealth Deprivation.
- Human Right; Use of Force.
- The Global Commons, International Environment and Resources Management.
- International Law and Redistributive Justice: the problem of international trade.
EUR 100: Full board