2 July 2022
US-China Relations: History, Concepts, and Contemporary Issuesonline course
This track provides a comprehensive, thorough overview of US-China relations over the last five decades. It comes at a very topical moment, just as China celebrated its 20 years within the World Trade Organization on December 11, and fifty years have passed since Nixon and Mao agreed on re-opening relations between Washington, D.C. and Beijing. The module seeks to critically engage with concepts and events core to US-China relations by considering both sides of this dynamic.
Dr Michele Groppi is a Lecturer in Challenges to the International Order in the Defence Studies Department (DSD), King's College London. He obtained his BA from Stanford University (Honors) in International Relations.
Students and young professionals
By providing lectures and seminars, we will help our students embrace and appreciate the complexity inherent to great power competition. As such, this module aims to inspire participants to think as holistically as possible about the core tenets and long-term implications of US-China Grand Strategy for the future of international politics. During seminars, we will foster dynamic debates to create interactive, stimulating, and thought-provoking conversations. With classes provided by world-leading experts, this track will explore the great power struggles that will define the next century.
- Inclusive, top-notch accessible education delivered by world-leading experts
- Flexible and remote learning
- Access to recordings of our frontal lectures, interactive seminars, and discussions.
- Access to ITSS Verona global network
- Membership for the year 2022/2023 granting automatic access to every ITSS Verona event, including webinars and conferences
- Certificate of completion
- Possibility to publish a piece in the second issue of the ITSS Verona International Security Magazine
EUR 100: With the goal of being accessible to students of all socioeconomic backgrounds, we provide a highly reduced fee. Admissions are rolling. We encourage students to apply soon, as there are limited spaces.
for those participating in the summer school that chose to submit articles to the ITSS Verona International Security Magazine, if pieces are accepted for publication in the second issue, all paid fees for the school will be reimbursed.