18 September 2022
As part of the SPINAKER program organized by NAWA, the Faculty Physics of Warsaw University of Technology plans to implement Summer School Programme in two editions. The programme will be implemented in the form of hybrid learning and is dedicated mainly to foreign students of the first or second degree.
The International Photonics Summer School aims to give hands-on experience on different fundamental and technical aspects of photonics systems. Organized by the Optics and Photonics Group, Faculty Of Physics, this summer school is intended for students of the first and second degree of studies.
The Photonic Summer School brings together experts in fundamental physics, basic phenomena and photonic technologies who will share with young researchers their knowledge and approaches for understanding and designing basic photonic systems and their practical applications. This summer school combines both theoretical and experimental learning as well as academia and industry viewpoints. A high-level teaching and intense training on key topics photonics and material science will be provided by means of tutorial talks and a variety of practical experiments on the characterization and applications of photonic materials and devices.
The areas covered include, but are not limited to:
1. Tunable photonic structures and optical systems, including topics such as nematic liquid crystals, their basic properties and applications in photonic devices; transmission over microstructure fibers;
2. Photosensitive materials and their potential in optical data storage and processing;
3. Light diffraction, interference as well as holography;
4. Nonlinear aspects of photonic circuits.
1. outcomes of ECTS points;
2. courses promoting Polish science;
3. attractive trips promoting Polish culture;
Get more information on the requirements and organizational aspects on our website and apply today!
In order to receive information about a given school programme, please contact the representative of the selected school. You may find the contacts at our website.
Warsaw University of Technology
Foreign students, from the European Universities of the Enhance Alliance and other universities, enrolled for the first-cycle degree studies (undergraduate studies) or a long-cycle Master’s programme, who have completed at least 4 semesters of studies or enrolled for second-cycle studies (postgraduate studies).
1. increasing the practical skills and knowledge of Projects participants;
2. increasing the knowledge of foreign students about Polish culture and arousing interest in it.
EUR 0: Participation costs are covered by Warsaw University of Technology within the SPINAKER - IMPK Program financed by the National Agency for Academic Exchange.
PLN 3610 - only for participants who will take part in a blended-learning summer school to reimburse travel, accommodation, and food costs.