10 January 2024
on course website
Econometrics of Networksonline course
Learn about recent econometric methods to analyse network data.
Networks play an increasingly dominant role in many social, business, and economic environments. Moreover, network data becomes increasingly relevant and available due to the rise of online social media and digitisation.
Michael D. König
The course will be accessible to advanced undergraduate and graduate students as well as practitioners from related fields.
Apart from Bachelor's and Master's students, we also welcome PhD staff to apply to the course.
If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will:
- become acquainted with different statistical methodologies for analysing networks while learning how to see these different methodologies complementing each other.
- learn to model network problem situations mathematically, and adapt the methods learned to new situations at hand.
- be able to recognise, understand, and analyse societal and business problems in which networks are central.
- learn how networks affect supply and demand in markets, how this leads to market failures, and how government policies can address these.
Contact hours: 20
EUR 880: For 2 ECTS courses:
Students, PhD students and employees of VU Amsterdam, Amsterdam UMC or an Aurora Network Partner €580*
Students and PhD students €680*
Applications received before 15 October -€50 (Early Bird Discount)
* Auditor participants receive €100 discount. Not available for all courses. Early Bird Discount is not valid on the auditor fee.
The tuition fee includes:
- Application and registration
- Exclusive course content for a limited number of participants
- Individual/group guidance from the course organiser
- Access to all online VU facilities such as the library and online learning environments
- A certificate of attendance after completing the course
- A transcript of records, including the grade and the obtained ECTS
- The full support of the winter school team
- Optional social activities
on course website