5 August 2023
on course website
Introduction to Cognitive Psychology
This course will provide an introduction to Cognitive Psychology, a key area within Psychology which examines how the brain works. This course will introduce mental processes you may not have thought about: how do we focus on one thing rather than another? Why do we remember some things and forget others? And how do we make decisions?
You will explore how these processes develop in infancy and how they depend on the neural structure of the brain. You will learn about the methods involved in studying Psychology and how to think critically about empirical research. This course offers a solid foundation for future study in Psychology and provides an opportunity to hear about cutting-edge research taking place here at the University of Oxford
This course would suit from a range of disciplines who are interested in the scientific study of mental processes. Prior formal academic experience in psychology is not required.
After studying this course you will be able to:
• Demonstrate understanding of the key issues and topics within Cognitive Psychology, including current areas of research.
• Demonstrate understanding of the psychological and biological methods behind Cognitive Psychology.
• Critically evaluate empirical findings from psychological research.
LMH Summer Programmes are designed to be eligible for credit, and we recommend the award of 7.5 ECTS / 4 US / 15 CATS for this course.
GBP 3725: This includes:
• All tuition, including lectures, seminars, and tutorials.
• Assessment, transcript of academic performance, and certificate.
• A co-curricular programme of skills workshops and guest speakers.
• Access to the Lady Margaret Hall College Library.
• Bed & Breakfast accommodation throughout your programme.
• Lunch and dinner in the College Dining Hall Monday to Friday.
• A full Social & Cultural Programme, including two excursions to other English cities per three-week programme session.
• A high-quality printed class photograph.
• Formal Graduation banquet.
on course website