9 June 2023
How can citizen science contribute to solving societal challenges and transforming science?
What are the potentials of citizen science for increased dialogue between science and society?
How do I improve equity and inclusion in and through my participatory research project?
What skills and competencies do researchers and citizens need to do citizen science?
The Citizen Science Summer School for early-career researchers and practitioners tackles these and other issues from 04-09 June 2023 in Zurich. The School is organized by the University of Zurich and ETH Zurich. Upon successful completion, participants can obtain 2 ECTS credits.
UZH Graduate Campus & Participatory Science Academy (UZH/ETH)
Early-career researchers from all disciplines, experiences practitioners outside of academia
Based on an interactive format with ample time for discussion and hands-on activities, you will
• get an overview of current citizen science debates and know the essential arguments
• get to know different approaches of citizen science, its methods and tools, their limits and possibilities
• be able to decide how participatory approaches can be useful for your own research project
• become familiar with principles, methods and tools for participatory process design and support
• gain insights from current citizen science activities in Zurich with a high degree of participation
• exchange ideas and experiences with researchers connected to citizen science and local citizens.
CHF 290: The fee of 290 CHF incl. tax entails access to 5 days of lectures and practical course work, accommodation, lunch and coffee breaks. In cases of special financial burden (for example for single parents), we are able to grant a participation fee reduction of CHF 100 for a limited number of applicants.