29 July 2023
Industrial Engineering – Challenges in the Next Decade
The purpose of the workshop is to familiarise students with various tools and methods in Industrial Engineering to stand the industrial challenges of the next decades via artificial intelligence (e.g. data analysis), management concepts for global companies (international management) as well as product design (gear design). The individualisation of products, organisations and work is reflected in historical development towards the future steps of change (Industry 4.X). Profound leadership skills are highly important in industrial corporations and will be a key part of this class.
The basic concept of this course is to transmit short overviews and insights into today´s tools and methods transitioning fast to practical examples in personal exercises and workshops. The inputs come from actual situations or use cases of the industry.
In each class, the hands-on courses are led by experts from practice who support the students in taking a global perspective on the challenges ahead.
Master’s / Graduate students enrolled in STEM / engineering studies
Senior year’s Bachelor’s /Undergraduate students enrolled in STEM / engineering studies
At the end of the course students should be able to:
• understand what is behind the term AI and why data is being referred to as the 'new oil',
• classify and evaluate occurring industrial situations into change and future proof concepts,
• will have a basic understanding of various mechanical transmissions and their usage in different applications,
• understand the challenges of international management: stakeholder management, how to evaluate the
performance of international management, ethics in int. management,
• develop an understanding of what does it take to be a successful leader in international setting.
Rewards: certificate and 3 ECTS CP
EUR 600: Participation fee of only 600 EUR, including accommodation, insurance, tuition for Master Summer School class and all social activities of the programme
Please ask your International Office / Academic Advisor / Outgoing Coordinator for scholarship options at your universitys.