30 June 2023
Climate Action – Advanced Seminar Workshop Course
During the course, students will go deeper into MOOC-course (Massive Open Online Course) contents regarding climate action by participating in a seminar teamwork project.
Acquiring advanced information about the following contents through seminar projects:
o Circular economy and waste management including sustainable development goals (SDGs)
o Sustainable design and production
o Power to X
Mika Horttanainen, Professor, LUT University
Pertti Kauranen, Professor, LUT University
Jarkko Levänen, Assistant Professor, LUT University
Alex Rosu, Mechanical Engineer and University Teacher, LUT University
No previous studies are required. The course is suitable for anyone interested in climate change, sustainability, in human well-being, circular economy and waste management etc.
• To inspire to find more information about e.g. currently relevant energy / circular economy themes
• To increase awareness of climate change and how one can affect the surrounding environment by one's own decisions & actions
• To enhance understanding of MOOC-course contents through seminar work
• To enhance teamwork and presentation skills for the student
• Grouping / seminar topic selection (preparation work)
• Introduction lecture
• Additional lectures
• Teamwork based on a chosen seminar topic
• Tutorial sessions with instructors
• Seminars and discussion / peer evaluation
Total workload 80 hours.
EUR 679: Tuition fee includes attending the course, 1 lunch/day and social activities.
The LUT Summer School does not offer scholarships to attending the courses. However there is a 10% 'early bird' tuition fee discount available for all students who submit their application before 1 March 2023.