2 August 2023
The European Summer Course 2023 #NewVisions4theWorld will take place from 24 July to 2 August 2023!
It is organized by the Europa-Institut at Saarland University in cooperation with the Europäische Akademie Otzenhausen, the ASKO Europa-Stiftung and the trans-European higher education alliance Transform4Europe.
We invite all participants to attend an academically demanding and wide-ranging programme. Experience the inspiring atmosphere of an international seminar!
You will meet renowned international experts in European law, politics and economics. The lecturers are academics or practitioners and will give you an inside view of the EU.
Various teaching methods will be used, including lectures and discussions as well as professionally designed workshops and simulations.
This year's summer course will deal with:
- European Integration: Goals and Political Priorities of the EU
- Institutional Set-up and Legislation of the EU
- Data Protection in the 21st Century: New Technologies, New Challenges?
- Equality and Diversity as Human Rights
- The Future of the EU: Brexit, Regionalization and Euroscepticism
- European and International Climate Protection Initiatives for a Sustainable Future
- The War in Ukraine
The program includes visits to Luxembourg, Strasbourg, Trier and Saarbrücken!
Young, active and open-minded people (especially Bachelor's, Master's and PhD students and young professionals) with a strong interest in the European Union and its current challenges are invited from all fields of study and from all over the world.
2023: The EU member states are facing a multitude of challenges and have to prove their strength as a future-oriented network. #NewVisions4theWorld deals with a broad range of important political, legal and economic developments of today’s European Union.
Take this opportunity and apply for the European Summer Course 2023!
EUR 990: The participation fee covers:
- the programme fee
- field trips to Luxembourg, Strasbourg, Trier and Saarbrücken
- full board (all meals)
- lodging at the European Academy of Otzenhausen
Bachelor's, Master's and PhD students have the possibility to apply for a SCHOLARSHIP that covers parts of the seminar costs and/or grants a travel subsidy!