22 July 2023
Consumer Behaviour Trends
The development of an effective marketing strategy and marketing plans requires an in-depth understanding of consumer behavior and the decision-making process. The course is designed to introduce students to what happens before, during, and after the point of purchase. Accordingly, it illustrates the influences on how people gather information, form attitudes, make choices, behave, and evaluate their experiences. This course marries a theoretical foundation with practical applications to the everyday practice of marketing.
Prof. Ana Brochado
- Assistant Professor at Iscte Business School and researcher at DINAMIA’CET
- Her main research interests are marketing and hospitality marketing and management.
The summer programmes are available for students at bachelor or master level and those who are interested in having an international academic experience at ISCTE Business School.
At the end of this course, students should:
- Be aware of the foundations of consumer behaviour;
- Understand the internal influences of decision-making;
- Predict how consumers buy and use products;
- Understand consumers in their social and cultural setting;
- Understand the role of social media in shaping how marketers respond to consumers;
- Identify the main trends in consumer behaviour.
Usually the evaluation is based on class participation, individual / group work and a final test but this may vary from programme to programme. Therefore, we recommend you to check each programme syllabus to see the grading system that is applied.
For those who successfully complete the course (get approval on their programme and do not miss more than 20% of the classes) an Academic Transcript will be issued. This transcript will indicate the total of hours, the ECTS credits earned and the respective grade in ECTS scale. For those who failed the course, a Certificate of Attendance will be given.
EUR 1150: (Students from Iscte partner universities - 1 000€)
The programme on campus fee includes:
• Course materials;
• Team Building event;
• Use of the library, PC labs and Iscte facilities;
• Public transportation card in Lisbon;
• Airport pick-up service (if requested);
• Welcome lunch and farewell session,
• Transcript of Records or Certificate of attendance (in case the student does not complete the course with success).
Some leisure activities, such as visits to museums and trips outside Lisbon, are not included in this fee and are paid upon arrival in Lisbon.
Unfortunately, there is no scholarship available for our summer schools but we can recommend you to look for scholarship programmes online.