11 July 2024
on course website
Developing Across Differences: Designing Inclusive, Intercultural Organisations
Organisations continue to realise the strategic benefits and social relevance of embracing diversity and inclusiveness within their operations. In our long experience, sustainable measurable progress is most likely to occur when both structural issues (policies, systems, measurement) are addressed and (inter)personal development is prioritised.
Join this course to help your organisation—or those of your clients if you are an external consultant—be both diverse and inclusive. We’ll examine how to analyse the situation, obtain stakeholder inputs, and then cooperatively develop solutions that apply change management principles for systems and processes while simultaneously fostering individual level intercultural development.
We use case studies from successful corporate, higher education and government initiatives to demonstrate how this approach can be implemented and share insights to help you apply it. You will gain information from evidence-based theories, the faculty’s own successful experiences, plus concrete frameworks and tools to apply in your specific situation.
Dr. Nagesh Rao
Drs. Michaela Carrière
The DAD is for multipliers who help individuals, organizations and societies better recognize, appreciate and use differences as a way of better communicating, working and thriving together.
These are (in-house and external) trainers, educators, consultants, coaches, researchers, scholars, facilitators, HR staff, advanced-level (MA+) students, and professional development specialists with 5+ years of experience/study in the greater Differences field. Contact the organisers at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for consultation about appropriateness and eligibility.
It is expected that the participants have a sufficient command of the English language to actively participate in the discussions and to present their own work in English.
This course is for you if are a in charge of or are a consultant/trainer/multiplier/educator who helps those who are:
● Leading or significantly supporting the planning and/or implementation of an intercultural development training or education initiative for a corporation, educational institution, governmental department, healthcare facility, NGO or similar.
● Already understand the fundamentals of intercultural competence with emphasis on individual level development and are ready to go further.
After this course you —and those you work with— will be able to:
- Understand and appreciate the significance of being both diverse and inclusive organisations.
- Establish and implement an inclusion plan that considers both systems and processes on the organisational level as well as (inter)personal intercultural development on the individual level
- Develop and measure goals, policies and processes that promote inclusivity and diversity
- Implement and model customized cultural competency training and programming for stakeholders
12 hours of in-class learning and active participation using experiential methods.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the Summer School offers a Certificate of Attendance that mentions the workload of 12 hours (28 hours corresponds to 1 ECTS). Students can apply for recognition of these credits to the relevant authorities in their home institutions, therefore the final decision on awarding credits is at the discretion of their home institutions. We will be happy to provide any necessary information that might be requested in addition to the certificate of attendance.
EUR 995: includes course and materials, optional evening programmingRegister for this course
on course website