30 June 2023
Civil Litigation in the EU
This five-day course will provide participants with an introduction to the law of cross-border civil litigation and debt recovery within the EU and beyond.
Dr Angelika Fuchs
The course is aimed at legal practitioners seeking a thorough introduction to the various instruments in EU civil law and different methods of cross-border debt recovery within the EU and beyond.
- Which court is competent to hear the case?
- New rules on service of documents and taking of evidence
- Different ways of enforcing judgments abroad
- Specific procedures to freeze monies in bank accounts
- Which law applies to international contracts and torts?
- Law and practice of representative actions
- Digital justice: e-CODEX and beyond
Participants will be able to deepen their knowledge through discussions and workshops.
Visit of the Court of Justice of the European Union
Participants in this summer course will also have the opportunity to visit the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg.
EUR 1150: Standard
EUR 862: EU and ERA patrons/Young lawyers and other groups
Scholarships available (Early registration discounts)