29 September 2023
European Data Protection Law
The aim of this summer course is to give participants all the necessary tools for successful implementation of the EU General Data Protection Regulation in their daily practice.
It will provide them with comprehensive knowledge of the fundamentals of European data protection law through interactive study of both relevant legislation and case law. The course will combine presentations and practical workshop activities, all led by high-level experts in the field.
Lawyers in private practice, in-house counsel, EU and national civil servants seeking an introduction to European data protection law.
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GPDR) and e-Privacy Directive
- The emerging EU tech laws and their interplay with GDPR
- Protection of citizens’ digital rights in practice and available remedies
- What is the role of Data Protection Officers (DPOs)?
- Data protection authorities’ tools for consistent GDPR implementation
- Roles of the European Data Protection Board (EDPB) and of the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- The EU toolkit for international data transfers
- Social media, big data, cloud computing, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI)
EUR 1150: Standard
EUR 862: EU and ERA patrons/Young lawyers and other groups
Scholarships available (Early registration discounts)