20 July 2023
Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
This is an introductory course in Investment and the basics will be covered. An understanding of Corporate Finance is built upon from the outside of a company, looking at what an investor might wish to see.
David Muir Born in Toronto, Canada, and a graduate of the Hautes Etudes Commerciales in Montreal, and the University of Leicester, David has been lecturing in Prague since 2004. His work experience includes work in Retail, 12 years of banking experience,
High School Graduates, University Students, The minimum required age of GSSP participants is 18 years.
All participants will receive an official AAU Global Summer School Certificate at the end of the program.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
● explain the use of investment as an activity in the current financial system;
● use any one of the decision-making models (Technical, Fundamental, Quantitative) demonstrated in the course;
● understand and be able to explain use of portfolio theory
● utilize attribution analysis;
● discuss the numerous factors which affect the investment environment;
● perform most of the functions required both manually, and with a spreadsheet.
Participants, who wish to receive an official AAU transcript upon completion of a GSSP course, must comply with the following eligibility criteria and requirements:
GPA min. 2.5 (according to last university semester transcript or high school diploma)
EUR 1450: Not included in the program fee are traveling costs, accommodation, meals, etc. We highly recommend that you book your program housing with AAU, since finding housing over the summer in Prague is not always easy. The price for AAU housing, available for the GSSP is 620 EUR for a bed in a single room and 540 EUR for a double room.
There are no scholarship available.