21 July 2023
M&A Advisory in Practice
Students will be introduced to the world of M&A by learning the goals, drivers and participants of a corporate acquisition process. They will become familiar with each major step of an acquisition using a comprehensive case study. Through a practical approach, the course will involve the simulation of typical tasks to be completed during an M&A process, such as market screening, valuation and due diligence. Students will be working in small groups, where - with the help of instructors - they will prepare materials that are commonly required during real-life transactions.
Ákos Saáry works as a Senior Associate at Deloitte Hungary Financial Advisory who specializes in due diligence and post merger integration projects.
Upper year BSc and MSc students and recent graduate with solid finance and accounting background.
• Overview and general understanding of an acquisition process
• Analysis of a company’s key financials
• Basic understanding of valuation concepts and valuation modelling
• Understanding the process of due diligence, overview of common type of analyses performed, identifying risks, key trends and understanding potential mitigants
• Understanding additional factors impacting the purchase price of a company during acquisition, such as EBITDA normalization, working capital position, net debt position, off-balance sheet liabilities, etc.
• Presentation of materials and findings during an M&A process
EUR 360: Fee includes: participation in one course , evening talk, certificate of participation, transcript for ECT transfer (if requested, Wifi on campus , welcome reception.
Fee does not include: accommodation, travel to Budapest, local transportation, health insurance.
EUR 270: Early bird fee until 31 May.
No scholarship is available.