13 August 2023
Contested Heart of Europe: Central Europe’s Turbulent Past
1) Middle Ages: Christianisation between the East and the West, medieval religious institutions, Hussite movement and its impact
2) Early modern times: The reformation and religious wars, Baroque culture, witch-hunts
3) Nineteenth and twentieth centuries: nations and empires, Napoleonic wars, nationalism, WW1 and its aftermath
4) WW2, Shoah, Cold War
Classes will take place Monday–Thursday and there will be trips on Fridays (Prague, Vienna, Auschwitz & Krakow, South Moravia. Apart from these day-long trips, there will also be several other side events over the course of the summer schools including shorter trips, sport events and more.
doc. Mgr. Martin Elbel, M.A., Ph.D.
Contact person: Jiří Mánek (firstname.lastname@example.org)
EUR 1400: The price for the summer schools includes:
• Administrative fee
• Academic programme
• Accommodation at our student dormitories (a double room); it is also possible to choose a single room for an extra fee of €70
• Local accommodation fee
• Side events including day-long trips, field trips, a Welcome Party, and more
• Entrance tickets to sights in the itinerary