31 May 2024
Discovering the Amazon Rainforest: Innovative Sustainable Business Models for a Better Planet
This workshop is designed to explore the sustainable bioeconomy business model in the Amazon rainforest region. The course will examine the challenges and opportunities of developing a sustainable bioeconomy in the region and provide practical tools and strategies for developing and implementing a successful business model. The workshop will be conducted using a challenge-based learning methodology, where participants will work in teams to address real-world problems related to sustainable bioeconomy development in the Amazon.
Prof. Caio Fanha has been working as a Marketing and Strategic Management professor at CESUPA, an institution located in
Belém do Pará, in the heart of the Amazon rainforest, for ten years.
Bachelor- master's degree students
Young professionals welcome
• Understand the ecological, social, and economic context of the Amazon Rainforest region.
• Identify the unique raw materials available in the region and their potential for sustainable use
in the bioeconomy.
• Analyze the challenges facing businesses operating in the region and develop strategies to
• Use the Lean Canvas methodology to develop a sustainable bioeconomy business model.
• Apply the challenge-based learning methodology to solve real-world problems in the Amazon
4 ECTS / 2 US
EUR 600: Tuition fee: 700€ for free movers. 100€ discount on tuition fee if you complete your application before March 15, 2024.
No tuition fees for students nominated by a partner university.
EUR 100: Admin fees: 100€ for all students (non refundable)