9 August 2024
Principles of Business and Management
Through collaborative team-based activities, you will show an ability to engage in a critical discussion of issues effecting contemporary business and analyse a selected organisation’s approach to a selected managerial process. Topics and concepts may include - organisational structure, management theory, human resource management, corporate social responsibility, sustainability, the culture, and ethics of business organisations.
The module will help you contextualise the study of organisations and should give you the capability to analyse organisation and management issues in contemporary setting. You will also work collaboratively in team-based activities providing networking opportunities throughout the module. This module may include an in-class business simulations, where you will start, run and then evaluate the success of your organisation. You will also have the option to sit the Sulitest sustainability base line test to raise awareness of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
1. Display understanding of a range of reliable and relevant concepts underlying the study of contemporary business and management
2. Show an ability to engage in a critical discussion of issues affecting contemporary business
3. Analyse a selected organisation's approach to a selected managerial process
4. Evaluate the success of a selected organisation's performance in its undertaking of a selected managerial process
All our modules have been formally approved for 15 Sussex credits; equivalent to 7.5 ECTS or 3-4 US credits. This means that your study at Sussex over the summer can count towards your degree.
Sussex modules are accepted for transfer credit towards degrees at most colleges and universities. But policies and degree requirements vary, so you should obtain approval for transfer of module credit before you apply.
Please consult with your study abroad advisor before choosing your modules to ensure you are able to transfer any credit you need.
GBP 2: The full cost of one 3-week Undergraduate Summer School session will be £2,760. If you wish to study for both sessions then you can do so.
This is made up of:
Tuition fees of £1,820 per session include:
- All teaching and assessment for one module of study. Where field trips or course excursions are required then the cost of this is included in the tuition fee, however travel costs may be required
- A minimum of 150 study hours, with a minimum of 40 hours class/teaching contact hours
- Modules formally approved for 15 Sussex credits, equivalent to 7.5 ECTS or 3 – 4 US credits
- A transcript of studies upon successful completion of the module (including meeting all attendance and assessment requirements).
The accommodation and campus programme fee of £940 per session include:
- Your own bedroom in on-campus East Slope student village. These are a mixture of en-suite flats and standard flats with shared facilities
- Bedding pack of duvet and duvet cover, sheet, towel, pillow and pillowcase
- Programme of free campus social events and activities throughout each session. Excursions and social programme trips will be provided on Fridays and weekends.
If you are applying from one of our partner institutions, you will be entitled to a reduction in tuition fees. Please contact your study abroad office or email@example.com for more information.