9 August 2024
Unharnessing Innovation with sustainability
This module will address the benefits and risks of technologic progress as possible solution for greener friendly solutions for infrastructure. We will able to define what is sustainable Innovations. Moreover, we discuss the use of social entrepreneurship, and the implementation of technology solutions as part of different generation of new smart infrastructures in the context of UN agenda for sustainability.
1. systematically engage with different market participants of economy to create the sustainable innovations in the economy.
2. critically discuss the implementation of government and local policy and the modern role of sustainable innovation in the development of smart environment friendly solutions such as smart cities, smart buildings etc.
3. analyse recent trend of technology development and impact on the possible green finance development and conduct the green friendly projects
4. critically evaluate management innovation process and possible challenges for the development of sustainable solutions
All our modules have been formally approved for 15 Sussex credits; equivalent to 7.5 ECTS or 3-4 US credits. This means that your study at Sussex over the summer can count towards your degree.
Sussex modules are accepted for transfer credit towards degrees at most colleges and universities. But policies and degree requirements vary, so you should obtain approval for transfer of module credit before you apply.
Please consult with your study abroad advisor before choosing your modules to ensure you are able to transfer any credit you need.
GBP 2: The full cost of one 3-week Undergraduate Summer School session will be £2,760. If you wish to study for both sessions then you can do so.
This is made up of:
Tuition fees of £1,820 per session include:
- All teaching and assessment for one module of study. Where field trips or course excursions are required then the cost of this is included in the tuition fee, however travel costs may be required
- A minimum of 150 study hours, with a minimum of 40 hours class/teaching contact hours
- Modules formally approved for 15 Sussex credits, equivalent to 7.5 ECTS or 3 – 4 US credits
- A transcript of studies upon successful completion of the module (including meeting all attendance and assessment requirements).
The accommodation and campus programme fee of £940 per session include:
- Your own bedroom in on-campus East Slope student village. These are a mixture of en-suite flats and standard flats with shared facilities
- Bedding pack of duvet and duvet cover, sheet, towel, pillow and pillowcase
- Programme of free campus social events and activities throughout each session. Excursions and social programme trips will be provided on Fridays and weekends.
If you are applying from one of our partner institutions, you will be entitled to a reduction in tuition fees. Please contact your study abroad office or email@example.com for more information.