9 August 2024
Psychology Now! Contemporary Issues in and Applications of Psychology
Psychology Now! will introduce students to a variety of contemporary topics in psychology and a variety of ways in which psychological knowledge is applied to understand and solve everyday problems. It covers topics related to well-being, mental health, some everyday aspects of psychology and some theories that help us explain everyday problems.
This module is suited to students with no background in psychology who are interested to see what all the fuss is about!
1. Describe and evaluate contemporary topics in psychology and contributions of key areas of applied psychology.
2. Describe and evaluate some of the research and theories that support these contemporary and applied areas
3. Evaluate how psychological theory is used to solve practical problems encountered by different types of psychologists
4. Interact effectively as a group, sharing experiences, giving and receiving information and ideas, and modifying responses where appropriate
All our modules have been formally approved for 15 Sussex credits; equivalent to 7.5 ECTS or 3-4 US credits. This means that your study at Sussex over the summer can count towards your degree.
Sussex modules are accepted for transfer credit towards degrees at most colleges and universities. But policies and degree requirements vary, so you should obtain approval for transfer of module credit before you apply.
Please consult with your study abroad advisor before choosing your modules to ensure you are able to transfer any credit you need.
GBP 2: The full cost of one 3-week Undergraduate Summer School session will be £2,760. If you wish to study for both sessions then you can do so.
This is made up of:
Tuition fees of £1,820 per session include:
- All teaching and assessment for one module of study. Where field trips or course excursions are required then the cost of this is included in the tuition fee, however travel costs may be required
- A minimum of 150 study hours, with a minimum of 40 hours class/teaching contact hours
- Modules formally approved for 15 Sussex credits, equivalent to 7.5 ECTS or 3 – 4 US credits
- A transcript of studies upon successful completion of the module (including meeting all attendance and assessment requirements).
The accommodation and campus programme fee of £940 per session include:
- Your own bedroom in on-campus East Slope student village. These are a mixture of en-suite flats and standard flats with shared facilities
- Bedding pack of duvet and duvet cover, sheet, towel, pillow and pillowcase
- Programme of free campus social events and activities throughout each session. Excursions and social programme trips will be provided on Fridays and weekends.
If you are applying from one of our partner institutions, you will be entitled to a reduction in tuition fees. Please contact your study abroad office or email@example.com for more information.