26 July 2024
Podcast Production: From Brainwave to Airwave
This course will introduce you to the best practices of developing and producing an original podcast with the goal of having you leave the course with a fully formed plan to create a pilot of your own podcast - whether that is to showcase an area of professional expertise or to support your teaching and research.
Right now, there is probably no more exciting (and certainly no faster-growing) media space than podcasting. Over the last twenty years it has grown from a niche interest on the fringes of internet blogging to a multi-billion-pound industry. It has developed into a mainstream media option providing hours of content for listeners and viewers yet remains a space where new voices are given opportunities and where experimental approaches to storytelling can
exist. Everyone, from traditional broadcasters to political activists to big businesses are using and experimenting with podcasts to take their messaging to a wider audience.
On this course you’ll become part of the podcast revolution and will:
• create a plan to produce your first podcast - from the initial idea, to pitching, to launch
• upload your content to the main podcasting platforms
• master the fundamentals of audio storytelling including scripting, recording and editing.
The course is ideal if:
• you have a great idea for a podcast
• you want to use audio to tell stories or engage existing/new audiences
• you're open to learning from industry experts and academic peers.
What will I gain?
Upon completing the course, you will:
• know all you need to produce an original podcast have the knowledge and skills to create a podcast strategy for you or your department
• be ready to use podcasts to reach students, stakeholders and external audiences.
10 UK Credit Points / 5 ECTS, Certificate of Attendance, and an official Transcript of Results.
GBP 1200: Apply and pay your tuition fee by 30 April 2024 and receive our Early-Bird discount of £100. Tuition fee includes course materials, field trips, our exciting social and cultural programme, support from our friendly team of student buddies, use of our GSS Hub with free drinks, and a trip to the beautiful university city of Cambridge.
GBP 440: Accommodation in our on-campus student halls. All rooms are single with ensuite facilities and shared kitchen and living spaces. Halls are self-catered and kitchen and bedding packs will be provided. Our accommodation is right in the heart of the city and so there are lots of food shops, cafes, restaurants, bars and takeaways just a short walk away.
£100 Early-bird discount if tuition fee payment is received by 30 April 2024. A further discount is offered to groups of 10+ students travelling from the same University.