7 August 2014
Globalization and International Business
Integrated within the Summer School Lisbon 2014 project, this programme provides students with the tools to identify risks and opportunities that entry into foreign markets provides, both within the framework of decision making and the exploration of possible research topics in this field.
Programme Director: Professor António Robalo
Summer Schools Coordinator: Ana Raquel Ferreira
Any student at bachelor or master level.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- Understand the environmental conditions relevant for International Business;
- Identify key strategic alternatives for foreign market entry;
- Understand coordination and control mechanisms;
- Evaluate market and political risk;
- Identify the internationalization potential of new ventures.
EUR 1100: Fee includes: tuition; course materials; team-building event; classes of Portuguese History and Culture; classes of Survival Portuguese Language; company visits; use of the library, PC labs and ISCTE-IUL facilities; public transportation card for one month in Lisbon; organization of leisure activities; airport pick-up service; welcome and farewell dinner.
There is no scholarship available for summer schools.