10 August 2018
Introduction to Fashion Design
Ideal for those who are considering further studies or a career in fashion, this course will introduce key concepts in fashion design and encourage you to develop your own fashion identity, to challenge assumptions, think unpredictably and reach surprising solutions.
The UK fashion industry is a thriving, vibrant and creative business; constantly changing and demanding exciting new talent, it has universal appeal. Through a combination of experimental studio workshops, demonstrations and hands-on exercises, you will develop a creative and entrepreneurial outlook, and discover some of the fascinating new creative technology influencing fashion design and garment making. Delivered in our dedicated fashion studios you will experience the full fashion design process, starting with research, translation and drawing techniques, through to garment design and production. The course includes a day-trip to London and professional photoshoot of your finished fashion piece
AUB Summer Courses are open to all those aged 16 or over at the time of taking the course. Our summer courses are attended by high school students, university students and creative professionals wishing to learn new creative skills, enhance their current studies or change careers.
- Develop new creative skills and techniques
– Prepare for an arts course at university
– Boost your career prospects
– Experience studying in a British University
– Learn from creative experts
– Share ideas, skills and talents with students from around the world
University Students, who wish their home university to recognise and award credits for their summer programme, should first
check with their home institution so that they can assess and award credit as appropriate. The Arts University recommends
the course is equivalent to 1 - 4 U.S. credits and 3 - 9 ECTS credits. Students will be able to demonstrate their successful
course attendance and completion by presenting their course handbook and Completion Certificate.
GBP 1795: Please note our course fee includes all materials used within the course, teaching costs, plus admission fees for any day trips or study excursions that take place as part of your course.
GBP 955: – SUMMER RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMME – Travel, Accommodation and Social Activities £1700
Our Summer Residential programme includes:
- Single room en-suite accommodation in University Halls of Residence
- Return Private Airport Transfers (London airports)
- Orientation to the local area
- All meals on campus
- Food vouchers for weekends to use in local restaurants
- Daily Private shuttle bus transfers to campus
- Programme of social activities in evenings
- Weekend day trips to places of interest
No scholarships or financial aid is available from AUB for Summer Courses.