23 April 2015
Reconfiguring Europe: an Old Continent in a New Millennium
The objective of the Spring University Prague 2015, „Reconfiguring Europe: an Old Continent in a New Millennium“, provided by Charles University in Prague, is to provide students with a broad understanding of the most significant recent and current political, economic and social issues in Europe. The course provides an interdisciplinary approach and combines multiple learning methods, such as lectures, workshops, round-table discussions, group-work and student presentations.
Students will not only have the opportunity to explore a range of interesting topics and gain valuable insights into the current challenges and risks to the development of Europe, but will also improve their research and presentation skills. Moreover, the numerous free-time activities will provide a chance to enjoy the wide range of attractions that Prague has to offer.
Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of International Studies
Charles University in Prague (Univerzita Karlova v Praze) is the oldest and largest university in the Czech Republic. Founded in 1348, it was the first univers
The programme is intended for students who are currently enrolled in a college or university or have recently graduated. Advanced bachelor students and master students of social sciences have the best chances to be admitted.
- to provide students with a broad understanding of the most significant recent and current political, economic and social issues in Europe
- to analyze the current challenges and risks to the development of Europe
Students will receive 8 ECTS credits for their active participation in the programme (including the final group presentations). They will be expected to prepare for the workshops (by reading the required materials in advance) and to write a seminar paper (15 - 20 pages) after the summer school ends.
EUR 750: Included in price:
- Tuition (all lectures, workshops, discussions etc. as mentioned on our website)
- Cultural and social events (as mentioned on our website)
- Reading materials (an on-line version will be at your disposal after enrolling)
- Housing at the Hall of Residence
- 2 meals per day (breakfast and lunch)
- advice and help of our team during whole your stay in Prague
Please note that we cannot provide students of such a short time programmes with a scholarship. We support our students by looking for funding opportunities available through their university or non-governmental organizations.