6 August 2021
Introduction to R for Data Analysisonline course
The open source software package R is free of charge and offers standard data analysis procedures as well as a comprehensive repertoire of highly specialized processes and procedures, even for complex applications. In addition to providing an introduction to the basic concepts and functionalities of R, we will go through a prototypical data analysis workflow in the course: import, wrangling, exploration, (basic) analysis, reporting.
Dr. Johannes Breuer is a senior researcher in the team Data Linking and Data Security at GESIS, Dr. Stefan Jünger is a postdoctoral researcher in the team Data Linking & Data Security at GESIS.
Participants will find the course useful if they want to use R to wrangle, explore, visualize and analyse their data.
- prior experience with data analysis, basic statistics, and regression
- basic familiarity with the use of a computer
- experience with using other statistical packages (e.g., SPSS or Stata) is helpful, but not a requirement
By the end of the course participants will be:
- comfortable with using R and RStudio
- able to import, wrangle, and explore their data with R
- able to conduct basic visualizations and analyses of their data with R
- Certificate of attendance issued upon completion.
- 4 ECTS points via the University of Mannheim for regular attendance and satisfactory work on daily assignments and for submitting a paper/report of about 6000 words to the lecturer(s) up to 4 weeks after the end of the summer school (EUR 50).
EUR 320: Student/PhD student rate.
EUR 480: Academic/non-profit rate.
The rates include the tuition fee and course materials.
10 scholarships for participation are available from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).