29 September 2019
Central Europe between EU and NATO
The programme will take place in PRAGUE, in partnership with CEVRO Institut from 23 to 29 September 2019. CIFE and the Czech partner will select a group of participants from countries of both the European Union and Czech Republic. The working language is English.
Participants will stay in a hostel, guest house or hotel. Rooms will be shared by 2 or 3 candidates (it could be more depending of the final selected accommodation). Accommodation during the programme will cover 6 nights with breakfast and a few lunches. Students will be free to choose where they have dinner (at their own expenses) so that they feel the best aura of this very historic city.
The building of the partner is located in the city center of Prague, a very central location in relation to the city’s attractions. We will schedule cultural and touristic visits for the participants during their stay in Czech Republic, which will enable them to discover the different facets of this country.
Students must cover the travel costs for the journey to Prague and back. The regular airport, Vaclav Havel Airport is located 20 kms away from the city center. You can reach the city center using :
- Bus: Several regular busses connect the airport to different metro stations.
- Airport Express: This shuttle bus connects the airport to the main railway station that is very close to the city center (linked by Metro B to more or CEVRO or about 20 mn walking)
- Prague Airport Transfers: You can book in advance a shared shuttle by the company “Prague Airport transfers”. This service will wait you at the arrival gate of the airport and escort you to your final destination with a price of 25 to 50 Euros depending the number of people in the shuttle.
- Taxi: Be aware of Prague Taxi drivers who have a very bad reputation. In case that you need a taxi, we strongly advise you to use the official taxi companies AAA.
Are eligible to take part in the programme:
- Graduate Students
- Motivated young researchers/professionals
- Undergraduate Students interested in European subjects (from 2nd year of studies onwards).
A balanced mixture of seminars, lectures, and cultural visits ensures an active involvement of the students. Participants have the possibility to work and discuss their ideas in an open atmosphere and within a multidisciplinary and international framework.
The CIFE Summer University is known for its level of excellence, the high level of both academic speakers and practitioners and the active involvement of the participants in all discussions and debates. This outstanding experience will undoubtedly provide the participants with interesting exchanges and mutual learning, deep EU expertise and relevant output for their CV.
ECTS credits available for this programme.
EUR 450: This amount (450 Euros) applies to participants who are able to justify their status as a student and who are not in need of a visa.
The fee includes the accommodation in a student residence or guest house, all workshops, lectures, working-lunch, reception and the farewell meal. It excludes the flight tickets and other expenses of the students.
For those who do not meet either of the requirements, please contact us for more information regarding the fees you would pay.
Scholarships are available for particularly qualified students.