15 January 2021
Data Analysis in Ronline course
With the increasing use of alternative software packages like R in data analysis, now is the time to learn their ins and outs. The large number of active programmers creating R packages makes this an up-to-date programme providing a huge range of statistical analyses. Researchers also use R to write functions for analysing data, or to create professional plots.
This course is aimed at teaching the students the basics of statistical programming in R. While doing so, the students will learn to understand statistical models and analysing/interpreting the results given by the statistical software.
Students and professionals with a basic knowledge of statistics (at least an undergraduate course is a pre-requisite) who are interested in learning the basics and some more advanced skills of R, and applying them to solving their data analysis problems. If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please contact us: email@example.com.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will have developed their programming skills in R and will be able to statistically evaluate quantitative data sources, conduct various statistical tests, and analyse data using generalised linear frameworks.
Contact Hours: 30
EUR 600: Fees:
- Students and PhD Students: €600
- Professionals: €800
- Students, PhD students and employees at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Amsterdam UMC: €500
Applications received before the 1st of October (Early Bird Discount) receive €50 discount!
The tuition fee includes:
- Application and registration
- Exclusive course content for a limited number of students
- Individual/group guidance from course organiser
- Access to all online VU facilities such as the library and online learning environments
- A certificate of attendance after completing the course
- A transcript of records mentioning the grade and the obtained ECTS
- Full support of the winter school team
- Optional online social activity