2 July 2016
Culture,Society & Tourism
The aim of this course is to provide students a complete perspective of tourism's role in society, cultural practices,
cultural diversity and its consequences on tourism.
Assistant Prof.Ö.Devrim YILMAZ
Both graduate and undergraduate students
By the end of the course the student will be able to:
1. Describe how tourism can be thought of as a system in order to be able to analyze the social, economic
and cultural factors affecting tourism industry.
2. Evaluate personality as a predictor of tourist behaviour in order to be able to discuss tourist motivation.
3. Define the concept of globalization to be able to discuss its impacts on international tourism and the
changes it brings in culture and tourist behaviour.
4. Clarify the concept and characteristics of culture to be able to explain the impact of tourism on culture
(and/or the impact of culture on tourism).
5. Understand the concept of cultural diversity to be able to compare the tourist profiles of different
countries and cultures.
EUR 575: The program fee includes the following:
The tuition for the two week program. Within the two week period, students can attend only one course
Use of all venue facilities (e.g. computer lab, TV room, etc.)
Handouts, scripts and other relevant teaching material
Accommodation and half board for the two weeks. Students are accommodated in double rooms. The breakfasts, lunch and only two dinners are included.
Two company visits
İnternational Afternoon and Farewell Dinner
Transfers from/to the airport