13 July 2017
A French cultural experience: fashion, gastronomy, perfumes
Paris is a dream city for anyone interested in fashion, culture, history, arts... French craftsmanship and savoir-faire are recognized worldwide and build on centuries of history as well as the most innovative techniques. What better way of understanding the keys to French savoir-faire than experiencing some of them yourself?
The program is offered jointly by IFM, France's number 1 fashion school, and La Fabrique, one of France's finest schools of applied arts (leather goods, interior design) and fashion. It includes courses taught by top faculty and experts, 3 practical workshops to experience French fashion and luxury hands-on, as well as guided visits to exceptional venues.
Course topics include:
French luxury: a historical and contemporary view
French fashion history and contemporary designers
Paris as a creative brand
The work and the creative process of a perfumer
French Art de vivre in gastronomy, wine and beauty
French culture and its influence in different sectors
Know-how and craftsmanship: key strategic assets
Know-how and territory: the importance of local culture
Specificities of iconic leathergoods from three luxury houses: Hermès, Chanel and Vuitton
- Discovery of leathergoods and saddlery at La Fabrique
- Discovery of gastronomy at Ferrandi Paris, France's leading school in culinary arts
- Discovery of perfumes and the creative process of a perfumer at ISIPCA, one of France's top schools in Perfumery and Cosmetics
Visits include: a Parisian Métier d'Art Workshop, the Baccarat Museum, Exhibition "Fashion Forward : 3 Fashion Centuries", and Musée des Arts Décoratifs.
This program is open to university-level students, recent graduates and young adults from any academic background who have an interest in fashion, gastronomy, perfumes and French culture. No previous experience or knowledge of the subject is required.
- To analyze the foundations of French culture and French lifestyle
- To apprehend the creative process
- To comprehend the specificities of French craftsmanship
- To understand what makes Paris unique in terms of creation
- To experiment three aspects of creation around leatherwork, cuisine and perfumery
EUR 1800: includes courses, workshops, workshop materials and visits (excluding accommodation and personal travel costs)