29 July 2016
THE CRI GAME LAB
GLaSS : Game Lab Summer School
2016 Biodesign Edition
For the second year in a row, fifteen international students will develop biology-inspired games, with the aim of pushing the boundaries of bio design and game development.
Along with the CRI Paris GameLab and assisted by experts in biology, game making and education, they will work in teams and contribute to open source science and design. Accompanied by fascinating classes, varied challenges, and exciting events, it will be an exciting time to share skills, experiment, and learn by doing!
The program is divided in 3 parts :
Weeks 1-2: Inspiration
- Master classes and workshops in game development and biology.
Week 3: Ideation
- A week-long first attempt at making a biodesign game.
Weeks 4-8: Creation
- The final project. In small groups, create, test, and show off a full biodesign game.
Click here for more info and to sign up visit our website
Alexandre Vaugoux & Vincent Roger
- Scientists (around 5 students) – Biology orientation is important!
- Game creation (around 10 students) – experience in video games graphics, programming, music, and design.
Beyond these skills, diversity is expected, so you can present other skills for this program, it is up to you to convince us!
In small groups, create, test, and show off a full biodesign game.
Topics : Bio design, BioHacking, Game programming, Project Management, Game arts, Crowdsourcing, Pedagogy, Game analytics, Game Design, Scientific games.
Activities : Master class with professional game makers, game jams, Board game prototyping, Creativity workshops, Case studies, Game Development project.
EUR 0: n/a
EUR 0: n/a