17 July 2016
Sustainable Environmental Economics and Natural Resource Economics
- Visions of the future. The economic approach in managing resources. Evaluating trade-offs, cost-benefit analyses and decision-making tools.
- Valuing the environment: economic reasons and methods. Dynamic efficiency and sustainable development.
- Depletable resource allocation. Energy: from depletables to
- renewables. Recyclable resources.
- Replenishible but depletable resources. Economic questions of land use.
- Agriculture and food security. Forests.
- Common-pool resources
- Economics of pollution control.
- Stationary source air pollution. Mobile source air pollution.
- Climate change
- Water pollution. Toxic substances and environmental justice.
- The quest for sustainable development. Population and development.
- Visions of the future revisited.
The Sustainable Environmental and Natural Resource Economics course is held by George A. Horváth, assistant professor at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics.
Are you an engineering student looking for a summer program to broaden your horizons?
Would you like to learn more about environmental economics and management?
Are you used to hearing the word „sustainability” but still unsure what it means exactly?
Join our Sustainable environmental economics summer programme to learn more about:
- economic theory governing the efficient allocation of environmental and natural resources, based on their scarcity and renewability;
- practical use-related questions of the various types of environmental and natural resources, with an overview of best practices currently available.
- the city of Budapest.
EUR 1200: Fee includes:
- Sustainable Environmental and Natural Resource Economics, and English courses for 7 days,
- practice and study materials,
- 2 field trips to the Hungarian countryside and cultural centers,
- meals three times a day,
- accommodation for 10 nights in rooms of 3-4,
- Budapest Public Transport pass
(airport transfer included)
- cultural programs and sightseeing everyday
(entry tickets included)
- certificate of participation.
(Please note that travelling to Budapest (flight) and insurance are not covered by the program.)