28 August 2016
Art in Public Space
The Summer School on art in public space is a week-long artistic journey that ends in creating a colorful parade that opens a neighborhood festival in Utrecht. It will be a week full of theatre, music, dance and intercultural encounters under guidance of international teachers among which are two artists from Brazil and a choreographer from South Africa. The Summer School is a unique and exciting chance to experience what art can look, sound and feel like when the world is your stage.
Dramaturg João Junior (Brazil), artist Maria Gomide (Brazil) and choreographer Sifiso Majola (South Africa)
The Summer School is organized by one of the world's largest festivals on community arts and therefore welcomes everyone with an interest in art and performance as well as those with a heart that beats for people. This module would especially be suitable for anyone interested in theatre, performance and plays or crafts of theatre making, as well as anyone seeking to learn more about how (urban) spaces can be transformed into places of intercultural encounter and dialogue.
- To get research and training into multidisciplinary, participative forms of art in public space
- To bring training directly into practice by creating a parade in the beautiful city of Utrecht
- To develop an understanding of the work of art in a constantly changing world
- To have intercultural exchanges by meeting teachers and participants from all over the world
- To become part of an international, flourishing network of community arts
Send us an e-mail to discuss the possibility of credits.
EUR 75: Students pay €75,- (including lunch and dinner, excluding transport and accommodation)
EUR 200: Non-students pay €200,- (including lunch and dinner, excluding transport and accommodation)