21 July 2020
French Language and Culture
By combining the practice of French with thematic curriculum, our International Summer Courses (CIE) offer a unique immersion into French culture alongside students from all over the world.
Two 3-week sessions available:
Session 1: Thursday June 4 - Wednesday June 24, 2020 included
Session 2: Tuesday June 30 - Friday July 21, 2020 included
Mornings are dedicated to the practice of language with 45 hrs of oral and written communication, reinforcement of grammatical structure, vocabulary enrichment and oral practice in an audio lab.
For the afternoons, students can choose one of the following thematic tracks which all include 30 hrs of lectures and site visits:
- Culture & Heritage: Beginner level (session 1) | Intermediate level (session 1 and 2),
- The Battle of Normandy (session 1 - Fr & Eng)
- FFL Didactics (session 1 - B1 level of French minimum requirement)
- Peace and Human Rights (session 2 - B1 level of French minimum requirement)
Office of Summer courses and specific programs
Building i - Office Li 121
+33(0)2 31 56 59 90
Program open to anyone over 18, with no pre-requisite of diploma and/or French proficiency. For special request, please contact us.
Intensive language program for an immediate immersion into French culture, promoting the acquisition of increasing autonomy in a variety of communication situations.
The courses are taught by teachers of Carré international, specialists of French as a foreign language.
The program also integrates the cultural discovery of local heritage. Each week-end, a one-day excursion is scheduled.
• Session 1and Session 2 : University certificate (with grades)
• Possibility to register to a the DELF/DALF session (A1 to C1) organized between June 24 and June 26. Registration must be made when applying to the program (additional fee of €100 to €160).
EUR 572: French language practice (45 hrs) = €775 (€572,50 for students) per session
French language practice + 1 track (75 hrs) = €1285 (€947,50 for students) per session
EUR 278: Two housing options:
- University residence : single 9m² furnished room with shower, toilets, washbasin and internet access in a co-ed building on the main campus.
Rate : approx. €280 per session (2019 rates for information)
- Host family : single room with half-board (breakfast and dinner) in Caen urban area with internet access.
Rate : €531 per session (2019 rates for information)
Lunches and dinners can be taken at the university restaurant (approx. €6 per meal).
University residences are also equipped with a common kitchen on each floor (cooking equipment not furnished).