21 August 2018
Smart Cities is a rapidly growing concept in both research and policy practice. It is viewed as a solution for cities to better cope with key societal challenges like energy transition, mobility and social innovation through extensive and effective use of big data and IT.
This, in turn, calls for new modes of – smart – governance, with the active involvement of a wide diversity of public, private and citizens’ organizations. In this Summer course, Smart Cities is being studied through three themes. First, we focus on Resources and Infrastructure (water, energy and mobility). Second, we focus the Digital City (Big and open data, geo informatics). And third, we analyze Social Innovation (new modes of governance and behavioral change).
Dr Maya van den Berg
Course level: Advanced BSC., MSc.
Target group: Students in their third Bachelor’s year, entry level Master’s students
• Learn all about the aspects of Smart Cities, ranging from governing a smart city to constructing the physical infrastructure of a smart city
• Applying your knowledge from both technical and governance aspects to smart city development in small projects
• Work in multidisciplinary teams
• Learn how you can contribute to smart city development
EUR 750: Our fee is an all-in package consisting the following components:
- A stay at the inspirational campus of the University of Twente
- Course participation
- Course materials
- A tent to sleep in (included: air mattress, flashlight, pillow and sleeping bag)
- Food (breakfast, lunch and evening meal)
- Free entry to the UT Sport Centre
EUR 750: Starting from 10 March 2018 the price is € 750 EUR. After 10 June 2018 the fee is € 875.
Starting from 10 March 2018 the price is € 750 EUR. After 10 June 2018 the fee is € 875.