8 July 2017
[In]Visible Athens: Experiencing Art and Architecture
The programme deals with the creative process within architecture and reveals how it weaves together art, inspiration and creativity. Through a series of lectures, educational activities, fieldtrips and workshops, the participants will have the chance to see and articulate connections between art and architecture. The field lab will be a tour of Athens to see some of its most significant works of ancient and modern art and architecture. Participants will combine creativity in photography, collage and concrete examples in art and architecture.
Current University/ College students and/or graduates
Learning Outcomes: on completion of this programme, participants will
- Be able to develop their personal views and ideas towards art and architecture
- Be able to explore and analyze historical and contemporary practice to support the development of their personal ideas
- Be able to synthesize knowledge to produce creative responses
- To gain foundational skills, including understanding art and space, through the lens of architecture
- To acquire knowledge of how arts influence architecture
- To think creatively and to express views about art and architecture
EUR 1800: Programme fee covers lectures and seminars, airport pick up and drop off, transportation pass, course material, farewell lunch and dinner, meals where applicable, field trips and co-curricular activities.
Fees do not cover personal travel (including travel between home and the location of the programme in Greece), meals other than those mentioned in the programme description, medical care or insurance, accommodation (optional), personal expenses and incidentals.
EUR 2400: Fee includes accommodation for the duration of the programme.