23 June 2017
Customer Orientation In Healthcare Organizations: A Mindset Approach
Healthcare organizations are undergoing tremendous changes and challenges at a fast pace. Some of the main causes are; an increasing number of people are getting older, massive structural reforms, tightened budgets, and consumer empowerment. It is evident that healthcare organizations respond to these challenging market dynamics in order to stay competitive. The overall focus of this intensive and interaction-driven two-day course is on bridging the gap between theoretical concepts of customer-centered thinking and the practical implications for the healthcare sector. Participants will get the opportunity to reflect and discuss their organization’s mindset towards being customer-oriented. Also, best practice examples from various industries will be discussed.
A basic requirement for healthcare organizations to stay competitive is to embrace a customer centric perspective. Therefore, this course will cover the following 5 themes:
1. Current trends and future developments in the healthcare sector. What are key challenges?
2. Customer-centered thinking. What do researchers say? What do practitioners say?
3. The (managerial) organizational mindset. What role does it play in 55+ customer-centered thinking? What does research say?
4. How managerial mindsets affect/prevent/enable innovation?
5. How to identify a meaningful strategy?
Managers in the healthcare sector, marketing manager, communication manager, location manager, department managers, public policy makers in healthcare.
Managers from any other discipline within the healthcare sector who are interested to learn about customer-centered thinking and the mind-set approach.
To create awareness of customer-centered thinking in your healthcare organization by discussing:
1. what it means to put the customer central and why it is important
2. how to determine customer needs and create value with your product and service offerings
3. the mindset approach and its role in customer-centered thinking
4. best practice examples from other industries
5. inspiring initiatives for your own organization
6. making a plan for how to change your own organization
EUR 475: Course + course materials