7 August 2020
on course website
One of the crucial components of success when running a business is effective marketing. Do you want to learn more about it? No problem! Join this course and learn how to research markets, gather information from customers and how to understand their behavior, and most importantly how to develop and execute viable marketing strategy. A substantial part of the course is focused on creating your own marketing plan for actual business use.
Dr. Patrick Szillat
Patrick is Senior lecturer at Fontys International Business School, former Head of Marketing, Marketing manager and E-Commerce & E-Marketing Enthusiast. Specialties: Analysis, Competitive Analysis, CI, social media, strategic market
Young professionals and university students with intermediary level of English.
The course takes students through the key aspects of marketing in order to equip them to work successfully in a marketing department. By the end of the course students should be able to:
◦ understand what marketing is and where it fits with business strategy
◦ understand the importance of gathering, analysing and mining market intelligence
◦ be able to gather primary information using questionnaires
◦ appreciate the importance of understanding buyer behaviour
◦ understand the uses, advantages and disadvantages of off-line and on-line promotional techniques
◦ develop marketing strategies
◦ produce an integrated off- and on-line promotional strategy
◦ write a marketing plan
◦ be aware of ethical and legal issues in marketing
◦ Principles of Marketing
◦ The marketing mix
◦ The marketing mix in the services sector
◦ Company strategy and marketing
◦ Principles of communications
◦ Types of markets
◦ Market segmentation
◦ The impact of the external and internal environment of the firm
◦ Consumer behavior
◦ Marketing research – Quantitative / qualitative, Primary / secondary, Questionnaires ,Focus groups
◦ Information systems – MI, CRM
◦ Workshop on questionnaires
◦ Ethics in market research
◦ Brand Management & Global Branding
◦ Ethics in pricing
DAYS 6 & 7
◦ Promotional techniques – Advertising, Promo, PR, Packaging, POS, Sales & Personal selling
◦ Online marketing – Websites & blogs, Social media, Content marketing, ‘viral’ marketing, Video marketing
◦ Mobile marketing
◦ Latest trends – Experiential marketing, Flashmobs
DAYS 8 & 9
◦ Ethics in promotional activities
◦ Developing a marketing strategy
◦ Choosing marketing techniques
◦ Preparing a marketing plan
◦ Integrated Marketing Communications
You will receive an official Certificate of Attendance upon completion of your course which you may use to show evidence of the skills you have learnt during the course and have the credits accepted by your home university.
EUR 700: Course fee includes the application fee, study materials, Prague public transportation ticket for 2 weeks, afternoon/evening social activities and events, welcome drink and goodbye graduation party. Other expenses, such as meals, accommodation, insurance, personal expenses, extra activities (such as trips outside town over the weekend and entrance fees), and required equipment (i.e. pencils, paper for illustrations) are not included in the price.
Please note, after the 30th of April 2020 there will be a late enrollment fee charged in the amount of 50EUR on top of the course fee.
EUR 221: Accommodation fee for a 13-night stay at Botic Student House starts at 17 EUR/night.
Everyday afternoon or evening activities organized - sports, weekend trips, city tours, sightseeing, parties etc.
on course website