16 August 2024
on course website
In this course you will learn all you need to become aspiring graphic designer. You will learn how to sketch and prepare your project, how to turn it into reality using modern software and hardware tools, and how to edit it to a final version. You will also gain knowledge about current trends and popular methods in graphic design and its presentation.
Alina Shupikova s an art director, graphic designer and visual artist. For most of her career, she has focused on creating visual identity systems, working with both print and digital applications +lecturer at several design programs at Prague City Uni...
Young professionals and university students with intermediary level of English
Graphic Design course should deal with the most common topics in the most commercial sphere of advertising and graphic design branch. Hopefully, students will learn how to approach to different requests in graphic design and how to make successful visual communication.
Learn Photoshop and Illustrator practically by designing real-world projects
Create logo, flyers, business cards, web graphics and much more
Knowledge about the access to databases to use as resources for further development
Upon course completion the students should be able to aspire for a Junior Graphic Design position
1. Sketching and drawing - The most significant part of designing anything in graphics industry. Students do not need to be skilled in drawing, this part should teach them how to work with the beginning ideas. They will learn about design elements such as colour, line, shape, space, texture.
2. Logo design - The part where ideas gets it's form and become the actual design for companies, services, or products, considering the importance of logo design in the visual image of a company.
3. Typography - Students needs to know how to work with texts, fonts and basic principles of typography - it effects and even psychology used via typo to clients, selection of proper fonts with Corporate Identities or product designs. They are also exposed to technical and aesthetic issues and communicative abilities of typography as individual forms and as text.
4. Product design - Lot of companies and services offers their own new products, students will learn how to approach to a product design, how to find a connection between company identity and product attributes. The topic is intended to provide awareness of the role of multiple functions in creating a new product
5. Corporate identity - A brand is expressed in a system of tangible items that fuel the recognition of that brand. These items will typically have a strong identity that separates them or makes them stand out from the crowd of brands on the market. This part should connect all the exercises together to make a functional identity of a company (there will be a selection of various kinds of businesses). Final state will contain brand manual.
The course is ideal for beginners, employers, entrepreneurs as well as people in their designing skills. Based on the past experience half of the students have a strong passion for design however didn't get a chance yet to create anything touchable so far. The other half are students already immersed in designed with decent drawing and illustration skills but no significant digital graphics skills. The main focus is on Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
You will receive an official Certificate of Attendance upon completion of your course which you may use to show evidence of the skills you have learnt during the course and have the credits accepted by your home university.
EUR 950: Course fee includes the application fee, study materials, afternoon/evening social activities and events during the week and barbecue. Other expenses, such as meals, accommodation, insurance, personal expenses, extra activities (such as trips outside the town over the weekend) are not included in the price.
Please note, after the 30th of April 2023, there will be a late enrollment fee charged in the amount of 50EUR on top of the course fee.
EUR 247: Accommodation fee for a 13-night stay at Botic Student House starts at 19 EUR/night for a double bed room. Single bed is 25EUR/night.
on course website