12 July 2017
Diagnostic data for dummies: The untapped potential of data re-use
Health care professionals are building up data collections as part of their practice. Smart re-use of these data supports diagnosis and treatment of patients. These data could also be a basis for research and prevention. Furthermore, pooling data with collegues can take health care and prevention to a next level. This summer course provides you with practical knowledge and skills to get the best out of your data sets. You will learn to use state-of-the-art data analysis and visualization tools, while issues such as security, privacy and ethics will be addressed.
Prof.dr. Peter van der Spek
- Health care professionals, such as general practitioners, clinicians, dentists, pharmacists, nurse practitioners interested in personalized medicine.
- Master and PhD students in health and medical studies.
Participating in the summer course will help you to:
1. Unlock the full potential of existing data collections
2. Compare insights in profiles hidden in data
3. Design your next study based on data
4. Share data effectively with colleagues
5. Store, analyze and use data in a compliant manner
6. Navigate the landscape of privacy and security issues.
To be determined
EUR 750: For Master and PhD students (including course + course materials)
EUR 975: For professionals (including course + course materials)