14 July 2017
Sustainability and Risks – How to deal with risk issues in sustainability research?
This year's Summer School examines the interlinkages between sustainability and risk issues throughout all disciplines. In an inspiring interdisciplinary setting we will discuss and analyse approaches that conceptually and empirically link questions of sustainability and risks. The School will be highly interactive.
– Prof. Dr. Patricia Holm, Dep. of Environmental Sciences, Program Man-Society-Environment
– Prof. Dr. Frank Krysiak, Dep. of Economics, Environmental and Energy Economics
– Prof. Dr. Paul Burger, Dep. of Social Sciences, Sustainability Research Group
Advanced PhD students from any discipline, who research in the fields of sustainability and risks and who are passionate about furthering the vivid interdisciplinary discourse.
– get to know scientific understandings of sustainability and risks;
– acquire an approach to systematically link sustainability
and risk issues;
– clarify conceptual assumptions and empirical approaches,
in order to make original research contributions;
– get detailed feedback from senior experts and peers;
– experience the interdisciplinary discourse in sustainability
sciences and learn how to locate their research in this context;
– get to know finely selected international PhD students who
research in the context of sustainability and risks.
EUR 0: There will be no attendance fee.
Travel expenses and board and lodging are up to the par- ticipants. For participants with low income there will be support in local lodging possibilities.