21 August 2020
Quantitative Tools for Qualified Managerial Decision Making
1) Problem solving and quantitative analysis for decision making, model development, data preparation, model solution, report generation, implementation, Management science technique
2) Linear programming. Problem formulation, economical model, mathematical model, solution (graphical, software), sensitivity analysis and interpretation of solution. Linear programming applications (marketing, finance, production management, transportation). Solution of LP models - the simplex method, distribution method.
3) Network models. Shortest route problem, minimal spanning tree problem, maximal flow problem. Project scheduling - CPM/PERT (the concept of critical path, determining of critical path, time slacks), time-cost analysis.
4) Waiting line models (queuing theory). Structure of waiting line system (single-channel waiting line, distribution of arrivals, distribution of service time, queue discipline, steady-state situation, multiple-channel waiting line models, economic analysis of waiting lines.
• RNDr. Bedřich Zimola, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Participants with basics of Mathematics, Linear Algebra and Statistics.
EUR 620: Fee for the first round of applicants. The fee covers course fee, accommodation, breakfasts and events.
EUR 670: Fee for the second round of applicants. The fee covers course fee, accommodation, breakfasts and events.