21 July 2017
4th international synthetic & systems biology summer school
The synthetic & systems biology summer school provides students, post-docs, academics and industry professionals with an intense learning experience on the theory and
applications of modern synthetic & systems biology. Over the course of one week,
a panel of internationally renowned experts of the field will offer
lectures and tutorials covering basic as well as advanced topics.
Massimo Gulisano, University of Catania, Italy
Giuseppe Nicosia, University of Catania, Italy
Steve G. Oliver, University of Cambridge, UK
The school will be open up to 150 qualified, motivated undergraduate and graduate students, post-docs, research fellows, academics and industrial professionals.
The International Synthetic & Systems Biology Summer School is especially aimed to provide a stimulating environment for young researchers, Post-Doc, Ph.D. Students and M.Sc. Students.
They will have the possibility to present the results of their research activities on the topic of the summer school, and to interact with their scientific peers, in a friendly and constructive way.
* Antonino Cattaneo, Scuola Normale Superiore Pisa, Italy
* Jasmin Fisher, Microsoft Research & Cambridge Systems Biology Centre, UK
* Carole Goble, University of Manchester, UK
* Jim Haseloff, University of Cambridge, UK
* Jay Keasling, University of California, Berkeley, USA Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA Joint BioEnergy Institute, USA
* Edda Klipp, Humboldt University, Germany
* Natalio Krasnogor, Centre for Synthetic Biology and Bioexploitation, Newcastle University, UK
* Markus Ralser, Cambridge Systems Biology Centre, University of Cambridge, UK & The Francis Crick Institute London, UK
* Uwe Sauer, Institute of Molecular Systems Biology, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
* Eriko Takano, Manchester Synthetic Biology Research Centre, University of Manchester, UK
* Sarah Teichmann, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute & EMBL, European Bioinformatics Institute, UK
GBP 550: 550 GBP for undergraduate and graduate students,
GBP 650: 650 GBP for Postdoctoral Fellows, research fellows and Academics